BestApps is a digital entertainment and merchandising company. We create innovative customizable products that export the power of celebrities’ brands to their fans.
Since 2018, we have led athletes, entertainers and influencers to “wow” their fan bases with best-in-class digital product experiences. Our work has created category leaders in athletics (ESPN, Major League Baseball Players Association), entertainment (Disney, Universal Music Group) and influencers (Olivia Rodrigo, Chance The Rapper) as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of interactive e-commerce experiences.
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, and service design. Our work has been recognized by Warner Music Group and Getty Images.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from award winning artists like The Rolling Stones to collaborative umbrellas like ROC Nation and Uninterrupted.
We started as a team of two, now we’re 25 strong. We have teammates across three continents, have offices in LA, and are headquartered in Miami Beach (remote positions available).
Our Engineering group ensures BestApps delivers first-class web and mobile products that delight our clients and their customers. Working in collaboration with our engineering, design and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems.
Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and process and organizational improvements. In the capacity of VP of Engineering, you will fulfill a core leadership function for your team, accountable for technical excellence, execution, cross-functional collaboration, people growth, and dayto-day management.
This position will report to our Founder and President.
- Lead and coach engineering teams in successfully delivering scalable, maintainable, and secure features to our customers
- Lead and inspire engineering teams comprising full stack developers, devOps and quality assurance engineers
- Actively coach your team members on how to increase the quality of their code, jumping in and being hands-on if needed
- Partner with talent acquisition in fulfilling hiring needs for your teams
- Implement and lead a continuous improvement process
- Introduce new tools & automation-based metrics
- Represent the team to engineering groups internally, to executive leaders in various functional groups within BestApps, to current and future customers, and to our partner organizations
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Collaborate with cross functional teammates to plan, implement, and deliver tasks and modules on a timely basis with best practices and adherence to SOPs
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Design to deliver planned features
- Deliver Web, Android, and iOS applications with integration to backend services deployed on the cloud with high quality and responsiveness
- Create strong practices around test-driven development
- Prioritize and manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects
- Manage a geographically dispersed technical team
- Extensive experience in mobile application development, including at an individual contributor and engineering leadership level
- A deep understanding of the agile software development process
- A highly talented engineer with 10+ years of hands-on experience, mobilefocused and full-stack experience is desired
- Computer Science or Software Engineering related degree preferred, or the equivalent experience
- Must be a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Continuously increases your teams’ work quality and performance
- Ability to think with a Product mindset
- Strong Technical Leader — You lead the team with deep technical expertise through a people-first leadership style
- Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example and is an endless problem solver
- Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
- Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
- Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future
Additional information from client:
Specifically, looking for a candidate with great team and leadership experience. One who takes a hands-on approach to their leadership style. A candidate that can assist in building out their own teams, along with setting standards/ best practices for the company.
The candidate’s experience will dictate the salary offered by our client. This range is from $175k-$240k.
Other benefits are:
$50k annual bonus 1st year, increases year over year, paid holidays, 12 PTO days (discuss further upon successful placement), and health benefits (BCBSC). Will be adding 401k, vision and dental soon. Client will offer equity opportunity upon successful engagement.
This position is remote.
|Job Category||Information Management Systems|